USSSP ONLINE LIBRARY - SOFTWARE
Scouting Software on the Web
Disclaimer: The following links are provided for information purposes only. The inclusion of links on this page should not be considered as an endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. Scouting Service Project, Inc. Any concerns or disputes with a software vendor should be addressed to that vendor.
In addition to this listing, we do recommend that you have a look at Open Source
Scouting related projects at
Old Scouting Software at USSCOUTS.ORG
- Bugle Call .Wav FilesA collection of .wav files and images of sheet music for bugle calls from USSSP
- KSCgroup Girl Scout and Boy Scout SoftwareOnly licensed GSUSA Software vendor. ScoutNet Certified. Software for leaders and youth members of GSUSA and BSA. Scoutmate also includes Merit Badge Counselor tracking, permission forms, fundraising, inventory, and more.
- Lovett Software - Pinewood Derby
- Grand Prix TrackerRace management software and hardware packages.
- Race Manager SoftwareIt is an open source software application that runs on Windows, Macos, and many other computers. The code is also on the web for free download so that anyone can contribute and make it the best software available.
- Raceview Pinewood Derby Software"RaceVIEW is an application for managing and displaying the results of Pinewood Derbies, Rain Gutter Regattas, KubKar Rallies, and similar events run by numerous youth organizations such as BSA Cub Scouts, AWANA, Christian Service Bridge (CSB), Royal Rangers, and YMCA."
- Rank 'N File"All of our Cub Scout and Boy Scout advancement applications will import ScoutNet unit upload data that can be supplied on disk by your local council! This means that when you buy Rank N' File, you can get the information for your unit, and the personal information for both scouts and leaders, and import it into Rank N' File. This will keep you from having to do all of that tedious initial data entry. Just plop the disk in your A drive, and click the button in Rank N' File. The upload will capture all unit data, and personal info for all the scouts and leaders, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdates, drivers license numbers, leader positions, current ranks, etc. A great timesaver! Another way Rank N' File keeps you ahead of the pack!"
- Scouting Planner For each pack, ScoutingPlanner.com provides a public web site and a private secured online environment that streamlines meeting planning, advancement tracking, and communications between leaders, parents, and scouts.
- Scout Spirit SoftwareFeatures, web interface, calendar, advancement, training, event mangement, membership management, email groups, text messages, permissions, and more.
- Scout Tracker SoftwareOlder Tracking Program for Cub Scouts and Sea Scouting
- Scouting Screen SaverScreen saver from Tovil Scout Group,
Maidstone West District, Kent, UK
- Scouting Software LinksA collection of links to Scouting software for Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- Scoutroom.net ScoutRoom.net offers advanced web software for Packs/Troops/Crews. Scoutroom.net keeps all your scout information in one place. Scoutroom.net covers all advancement tracking, including group/single partials and completes, for ranks, merit badges, belt loops etc. as well as tracking awards and training. You get a comprehensive web site, including a public and private web site, calendar, roster, filtering, charts, credit card sales, news, emails, reports, charts, maps, photos/slideshows, wiki, todo lists, files, Scoutnet uploads, data imports, 12 different authorization levels and more. Ease of use is important, so every effort is made to use the right function (drag and drop, edit in place, filterable select lists etc.) in the right place. Being on the web, means all unit members can view information from linux, mac or pc anytime with never a software update.
- Scoutmate Shareware (KSCgroup) Only licensed GSUSA Software vendor. ScoutNet Certified. Software for leaders and youth members of GSUSA and BSA. Scoutmate also includes Merit Badge Counselor tracking, permission forms, fundraising, inventory, and more.
- ScoutSoft for LDS Stakes & Wards "ScoutSoft is the Only BSA ScoutNET Certified Software That Also Tracks the LDS Duty To God Award Requirements and the Young Womanhood Award Requirements!
ScoutSoft helps the Bishopric integrate the New Duty to God program with the Ward's scouting program!
Display and Print Reports with the Leader's Word Processor. Update member's advancement data at Mutual or church with your PDA's data base management software and exchange the files between your desktop and PDA!
Now Available on an Annual License Fee Basis To Match LDS Stake & Ward Annual Budgets!
LDS Scouters Get Linked to Your Council With ScoutSoft!
The #1 Scouting Software Used by LDS Stakes & Wards in the United States to manage their Young Men and Young Women Advancement! Plus Primary Achievement Days Achievements!"
- Scoutwise SoftwareWebsite is under construction. 5/11/2002
- SRT Enterprises - Trooper for Windows"Trooper™ is a Windows program that provides an easy, user-friendly way for BSA Scout leaders to store and manage all sorts of information about their troop."
- Tiger Tracks - Tracker Tiger Advancement"Keep track of the achievements that your Cub Scout Tigers have earned. Know when they earned and were presented track beads, achievements, and belt loops along with monitor their progress towards Bobcat. The graphically interface shows you the status of all of the Tigers at a glance. This stand-alone program doesn't require a database or spreadsheet to run."
- TrackerDOS Based Tracking Programs for Scouting and Royal Rangers. Programs include tracking for OA Lodges, Troops, Packs, Ships, Merit Badges, and Training
- Troopmaster Software"Troopmaster Software offers a full range of Windows® software products for managing Boy Scout Troops, Cub Scout Packs, and Girl Scout Troops. The price of each program includes a site license for the whole troop or pack." Site also features software for Merit Badge Counselor tracking and unit finances.
Due to changes in the ScoutNET interface specifications, BSA has
announced that the system will no longer accept electronic recharter and
advancement reports from versions of TroopMaster 2000 earlier than V1.09
and from versions of PackMaster 2000 earlier than V1.03. Update patches
for both programs are available on the respective product pages on our
web site. BSA also asked me to try to get the word out to as many
Scouters as possible. --
Sam T. Edwards,
Troopmaster Software, Inc.
Everything You Need in Just One Product! Perfect for scouting units of all sizes, TroopTrack is the most feature-rich scouting solution on the market. Manage members. Work on scouting achievements. Plan events. Build a web site. Collaborate with scouts, parents, and leaders. Have fun helping scouts grow.
- Troop W.I.S.E. - Adult TrainingTotal package adult training for a boy-run troop. Are your adult volunteers not sure about their role at meetings and campouts? Are you an SPL who can't run a meeting without adult "intervention?"
- Walking Staff Frank Goluza's
The Wilderness Walking Staff is a Scouting project he created
to serve as an outdoor program for kids of all ages. Groups of Scouts
can enjoy the art of assembling and using a walking staff designed
for safety and subsistence living in North America's back woods.
The Staff's assembly can be complimented with additional testing
by Scout leaders in the form of quizzes about wilderness safety
and other topics.
- Wide Games Made EasyLooking for an exciting event for your troop? Let this FREE resource be your guide to well organized large scale unit level or district level events!
- Who Wants To Be An Eagle Scout? Game"It's the hit trivia game show "Who Wants To Be An Eagle Scout?™" for you to play at home! Or use with a moderator as a troop meeting or camporee activity. For one, two, or three players. Show off your knowledge of Boy Scout history, skills, rank requirements, and general outdoor knowledge. Video mirror to a big screen TV or overhead projector as a great addition to a scout meeting, camporee or section conference!
- WinScout"TP Software's program, WinScout 2.1 was developed from the ground up to operate in the Windows® environment. WinScout revolutionizes tracking scouts, adults, advancement and activity planning for Boy Scout troops. In WinScout, enter adults only once and assign them as leaders, merit badge counselors, and parents. When a sibling joins the troop, all common information is filled in automatically linking household members. Change the address for one member of the household and all household members may be updated. Purchase WinScout today and move into the future with a fully, Y2K compliant, relational database program! "
- Window To Your Pack"Window To Your Pack is a Cub Scout Pack information management tool that operates under Microsoft Windows. This is a very useful tool for Cubmasters or Den Leaders."
- Window To Your Troop"Window To Your Troop is a Boy Scout Troop information management tool that operates under Microsoft Windows. This is a very useful tool for Scoutmasters or troop committee leaders.
Written by Paul L. Johnson - DOS Only Program - Do Not Run in Windows
Pinewood Derby Spider
SPIDER version 1.4
by Patrick Wiegand --
Double-elimination race management program for Windows 3.x or Win95.
Developed especially for the Pinewood Derby!